Sign up for gleaning and get your hands a little dirty.
In compliance with CDC and local health guidelines regarding COVID-19, we are implementing the following rules for all volunteer events. Violation of any rule will result in immediate dismissal from the event:
- Volunteers must not exhibit any signs of illness currently or within the last 14 days
- Volunteers must not have traveled outside of Kansas or Missouri in the last 14 days.
- All volunteers older than two years must wear a facemask for the duration of the event. Homemade cloth masks and handkerchiefs are acceptable.
- Volunteers from different households must maintain at least 6 feet of distance at all times.
- Disposable food safety gloves should be worn when packing produce. We will provide disposable gloves for anyone who needs them.
- All volunteers are required to complete an electronic waiver form before entering the field. Volunteers who have not completed the waiver will not be allowed to participate.
Rise and shine and bring your family and friends, corporate co-workers and congregations, groups and organizations to glean (harvest what’s left over) with After the Harvest. Together, you’ll rescue fruits and vegetables from farms, orchards and gardens within 30 to 45 minutes of Kansas City. Then, we deliver the produce fresh from the field—you can help do that too if you can!—to pantries, kitchens and shelters feeding our hungry neighbors.
With morning weekday and some weekend gleaning events, from May through November—sometimes earlier and sometimes later depending on the weather and growing season—you’re sure to find a fit. All are welcome, including children of any age, who get to see how our food grows and where it comes from
It's as easy as signing up below.
- Check the tabs on the Volunteer Calendar below for everything you need to know about gleaning and sign-up. Scroll to May through November.
- Sign up for Gleaning and News Alerts for pop-up gleanings and other ways to help.
- If you’re with a company, take a look at our corporate gleaning options.
Contact us at 816-921-1903 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
DIG DEEPER INTO OTHER WAYS TO HELP.
Gleaning can be habit-forming. Feel free to take it a step further and become more deeply involved in our produce rescue efforts.
“Gleaning for After the Harvest has been such an invaluable learning experience for our whole family. It feeds the soul to nourish the hungry with fresh local food. I love introducing my children to these local farmers that grow healthy food. The true reward is to bring this food to pantries the very same day to provide a nourishing meal for those in need.”
—Jennifer, After the Harvest volunteer